top of page
Commercial Auto Insurance in ct (1) (1).png

Protect Your Business and Employees from Unexpected Road Accidents with Commercial Auto Insurance

Drive with confidence knowing your business is protected. Our commercial auto insurance offers comprehensive coverage tailored to your company's needs, safeguarding your vehicles and assets on the road. Stay focused on what matters – let us handle the rest.

What is a Commercial Auto Insurance Policy?

A Commercial auto insurance policy in Connecticut covers legal fees and other expenses if a business-owned vehicle is involved in an accident. It is mandatory for all commercial vehicles in Connecticut. This policy is essential for any Connecticut company that uses motor vehicles for business purposes. Commercial auto insurance in Connecticut provides coverage for liability-related expenses, accidents, vehicle theft, and more. It works similarly to personal car insurance but is tailored to protect work vehicles like delivery vans, trucks, and company cars. The policy includes various types of coverage such as liability, medical costs, comprehensive, collision, protection for uninsured and underinsured drivers, and coverage for leased, borrowed, or rented vehicles, as well as vehicles owned by employees used for business purposes.

What is the difference between personal auto insurance and commercial auto insurance?

Personal auto insurance and commercial auto insurance differ in terms of coverage and usage. Personal auto insurance is designed for individuals and families for personal use vehicles, while commercial auto insurance is for businesses that use vehicles for work purposes. Personal auto insurance covers the driver and their vehicle for personal errands, commuting, and leisure activities. It typically does not provide coverage for vehicles used for business activities. On the other hand, commercial auto insurance is tailored to cover vehicles used for business operations, such as delivery trucks, company cars, and service vehicles. It includes coverage for liability related to business operations, protection for employees driving company vehicles, and coverage for business-specific risks. Commercial auto insurance also tends to have higher liability limits and additional coverage options to protect the business from financial losses in case of accidents or lawsuits related to business vehicle usage. Overall, the key distinction lies in the purpose of the insurance and the type of vehicles and activities it covers, making it crucial for businesses to have the appropriate commercial auto insurance to safeguard their assets and operations.

Who Is Required to Have Commercial Auto Insurance?

Commercial auto insurance is mandatory for businesses in Connecticut that use vehicles for work purposes. This includes companies that own or lease vehicles for business operations, such as delivery services, contractors, taxi services, trucking companies, and any business that uses vehicles to transport goods, equipment, or employees. It is essential for businesses to have commercial auto insurance to comply with state laws, protect their assets, and ensure financial coverage in case of accidents or liability claims involving their vehicles.

What Does Commercial Auto Insurance Cover?

  • Bodily injury liability coverage  - compensates for bodily injury or death caused by an accident in which you are at fault and, in most situations, provides legal defense.

  • Property damage liability coverage - protects you if your car accidentally damages another person's property and, in most situations, provides you with legal protection.

  • Combined single limit (CSL) - Liability plans often include different limits for bodily injury and property damage claims. A combined single limits policy provides the same cash amount of coverage per covered occurrence, whether bodily injury or property damage, and whether the occurrence involves one or more people.

  • Medical payments, no-fault or personal injury coverage – compensate for the medical expenses incurred by the driver and passengers in your vehicle as a result of a covered accident, regardless of fault.

  • Uninsured motorist coverage – compensates you for your injuries and, in some cases, property damage caused by an uninsured or hit-and-run driver. Underinsured motorist coverage is sometimes provided. This is for circumstances where the at-fault driver does not have enough insurance.

  • Comprehensive physical damage coverage - compensates you for vehicle damage caused by theft, vandalism, water, fire, and other insured perils.

  • Collision coverage - pays for damage to your car when it collides with or collides with another object.

bottom of page