top of page
Vacant Dwelling Insurance in Connecticut (1).png

Insurance for Vacant Dwellings in Connecticut and Beyond

Protect your vacant home with specialized insurance coverage tailored for Connecticut residents and other more states. Our vacant home insurance provides comprehensive protection for unoccupied properties, ensuring peace of mind for property owners. Safeguard your investment with policies designed to meet the unique needs of vacant dwellings. Get a quote today and secure your vacant home with the right insurance coverage.

Protect Your Investment with Comprehensive Vacant Dwelling Insurance Policy

Are you the owner of a vacant property? Whether it's due to renovations, sales, or travel, leaving your property unoccupied for an extended period can expose you to various risks. That's where vacant dwelling insurance comes in. This specialized insurance coverage is designed to protect your investment and provide you with peace of mind.

Vacant property-for sale-on vacation-under renovation (1).png

Are you a property owner with an unoccupied home or rental property?

Protect your investment with vacant dwelling insurance from Insure Connecticut. Our specialized policies provide comprehensive coverage for unoccupied properties in Connecticut, New York, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Texas, California, Florida, South Carolina, Florida, and Maryland..

Whether you're renovating a property, between tenants, or waiting for a buyer, unoccupied properties are at higher risk of damage, theft, and liability. Our vacant dwelling insurance policies provide protection against these risks and more. Our policies cover a range of risks, including fire, theft, vandalism, and weather-related damage. We also offer liability coverage to protect you in case someone is injured on your unoccupied property.

What is a Vacant Dwelling Insurance Policy?

A vacant dwelling insurance policy is a type of insurance designed to provide coverage for properties that are unoccupied or vacant for an extended period. These policies protect property owners from financial losses associated with damages, theft, vandalism, and liability issues that may occur while the property is vacant.

What Does Vacant Dwelling Insurance Policy Cover?

Vacant dwelling insurance, also known as vacant home insurance, offers comprehensive coverage for properties that are empty for an extended period. This coverage is specifically tailored to address the unique risks associated with unoccupied properties, ensuring that you're protected against potential damages and liabilities.

Who Needs Vacant Home Insurance?

Vacant home insurance is necessary when a home you own will be empty for an extended period. Situations that may require vacant home insurance include:

  • Selling a home that you no longer live in because you’ve moved into a new property

  • Owning a rental property that sits vacant during the off-season

  • Performing extensive renovations or repairs on a home that makes it temporarily inhabitable

  • Being hospitalized for an extended period for medical care

  • Owning a vacation home that you only use a few months out of the year

It is important to note that for a home to be considered vacant, it must be completely emptied of all personal belongings. This type of insurance may also be necessary if you are on active duty military service or traveling for an extended period.

Vacant Dwelling Insurance: Protection Against Common Risks

When a property is left unoccupied, it becomes more susceptible to risks such as vandalism, burglary, and certain weather-related damages. Vacant dwelling insurance typically covers these risks, providing financial protection in the event of property damage or loss. With the right insurance coverage, you can minimize the financial impact of unforeseen events and safeguard your investment.

Tailored Policies to Meet Your Needs

At Insure Connecticut LLC, we understand that every vacant property is unique. That's why we offer flexible insurance policies that can be tailored to meet your specific needs. Our experienced agents will work closely with you to assess the risks associated with your property and customize a policy that provides the right level of coverage.

Insure Connecticut LLC is Licensed in Multiple States

We are proud to be licensed in multiple states, including:


  • Connecticut

  • New York

  • New Hampshire

  • Rhode Island

  • Massachusetts

  • Texas

  • California

  • Florida

  • South Carolina

  • Maryland


Wherever your vacant property is located, we can provide you with the insurance coverage you need. Contact us today to get a quote and safeguard your investment with vacant dwelling insurance.

bottom of page